Skip to main content

Featured

Liaquat Ali Khan

Liaquat Ali Khan Start to till at end hostory Nawabzada Liaquat Ali Khan (Næʍābzādāh Liāqat Alī Khān about this sound pay attention (assist·statistics),Urdu: لیاقت علی خان‎; born October 1895 – sixteen October 1951), broadly known as Shaheed-e-Millat (Urdu: شہید ملت‎ Martyr of the nation), changed into one of the main founding fathers of Pakistan, statesman, legal professional, and political theorist who've become and served due to the fact the first pinnacle Minister of Pakistan; similarly, he also held cupboard portfolio because the primary overseas, defence, and the frontier areas minister from 1947 until his assassination in 1951.Allegations have been pointed in the direction of the involvement of Afghan monarch Zahir Shah and the usa authorities in his assassination, even though this claim has now not merited any giant evidence.Prior to that, he in quick tenured because the first finance minister in the interim government led via its Governor trendy Mountbatten. He bec

An Artist's Date With Self Doubt

Some mornings are grey because they blend the white of the empty page and the black of what you meant to write and look back at you with an insipidness that borders mockery. This is one of those mornings. A pile of unpaid bills and a rapidly depleting pantry hang like rain clouds from the roof of my mouth. The most common question that taunts the decision to live a principled life is whether honesty pays. Of course, it doesn�t � it was never meant to. Honesty grants you peace and meaning, but if you are looking at benefit beyond your needs, it is perhaps not the best way to get there. From where I stand, it seems an excellent way to get back to writing on this blog though. I have had the most wonderful year behind me and it just seems to get better each passing day. Last weekend, I was at a writers' workshop with Corinne Rodrigues. My time with her and Aarathi (an old familiar out here) led me to think deeper - more honestly perhaps - about contemplative writing, intuitive painting, and photography, and what I do out here.

I have been seriously challenged to make time or even feel like writing a post. Those who follow me know what I mean all too well. And as many of you are artists and writers yourselves, you know how it is to get your butt back to the writing desk. It is a cool morning after a while, and the tea smells awesome. So hey!

I am not trying free writing (writing without stopping to think or edit) but I am close, probably because I am short on time. The two overwhelming enemies that I have been able to identify in the last several weeks of working with my creativity mentors or catalysts or whatever are self doubt and sloth.


As a writer, I have a daily schedule of writing. However, on most days, I do not produce a single cohesive work. Some days I create an outline, or pick up a piece I had started earlier, and on other days, I edit something that I liked but was not to my satisfaction. However, the fact remains that I write everyday. Many of the writers I admire, like Corinne, create complete works in their day�s writing, and I have always found that amazing. Some of them take on prompts and turn out a new article every day based on random ideas. Others write poems or publish photographs, one incredible piece each day.

As June commences, I decided that I would give it a try too, but perhaps only till I have something to say. I have four year-end papers in June and a slew of other things that I need to get done. The days I cannot get a piece, I can always do a Worst of 2014 (since it looks like I didn't do that). I am filled with apprehension as I begin this series, since the only thought in my mind is that it will turn out to be nothing more than a dull journal. I do not have an outline for the series; I plan to take it one day at a time. I am also excited since it challenges my perception of myself as a writer. I hope that my fears and my hopes will result in a bearable marriage. I hope as I plod along, the outcome will not be a boring narrative but something that will be of use to all who read it. Like an accused unsure of his own innocence, I surrender to you.

Click here to read the full post>>

Comments

Popular Posts